DATE: September 12, 2019
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2019-20
|Rebecca Blank (Chancellor)||Yevgenya Grinblat (University Committee Appointee)|
|William Karpus (Graduate School)||Lauryn Christianson (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Eric Wilcots (Administrative Appointee)||Jen Schumacher (University Staff Appointee)|
|Steve Ventura (University Committee Representative)||Jake Blanchard (Physical Sciences)|
|Elizabeth Cox (University Committee Appointee)||Junko Mori (Arts and Humanities)|
|Linsey Steege (University Committee Appointee)||Debra Shapiro (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Donna Fernandez (Biological Sciences)||Sarah Thal (University Committee Appointee)|
|Steven Deller (Social Sciences)|
FROM: John Karl Scholz, Provost (Chair)
RE: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2019 UAPC Meeting – 52 BASCOM HALL, 3:30-5:00 pm
- Welcome, introductions, opening announcements.
- Minutes of the June 20 2019 meeting.
UAPC Doc 2019.09.19.01
- Rename the Option: Market Research to Option: Marketing Analytics and Insights associated with the MBA-Business: Marketing. The program is housed in the School of Business. This action is pending approval at the September 13 2019 Graduate Faculty Executive Committee (GFEC) meeting. Program review is up to date. This action is effective Fall 2020.
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.02 pdf
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.02 Lumen Programs
- Suspend admissions to the MS-Occupational Therapy program, Department of Kinesiology, School of Education. This action is pending approval at the September 13 2019 GFEC meeting. Program review is up to date. This action is effective Summer 2020.
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.03 pdf
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.03 Lumen Programs
- Establish two named options associated with the MS-Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences – Option: Research Program, and Option: Professional Program. These actions are pending approval at the September 13 2019 GFEC meeting. Program review is up to date. These actions are effective Fall 2020.
MS-AOS parent program changes
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.04 pdf
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.04 Lumen Programs
MS-AOS Option: Research Program
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.05 pdf
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.05 Lumen Programs
MS-AOS Option: Professional Program
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.06 pdf
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.06 Lumen Programs
- Notice of Intent for the MS-Environmental Remediation and Management, Department of Soil Science, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. Consideration is pending approval at the September 13 2019 GFEC meeting. Program review is up to date. Presenting: Alfred Hartemink, Chair, Department of Soil Science; Karen Wassarman, Associate Dean, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences.
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.07 pdf
UAPC Doc 2019.06.20.07 Lumen Structures
- Annual Program Review Report. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
UAPC Doc 2019.09.19.08
- Departments and Department-Like Academic Units – Definition, Privileges, Responsibilities, and Process for Approvals. These guidelines were discussed by UAPC in Fall 2018, provided to deans for feedback in January 2019, endorsed by the University Committee in August 2019, and are now being returned to UAPC for consideration and final endorsement. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
UAPC Doc 2019.09.19.09
- UAPC Annual Report. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
UAPC Doc 2019.09.19.10
Agenda materials and policy documents are posted at
Copies: Karen Wassarman, Alfred Hartemink, Edward Boswell, Sarah Barber, Gregory Tripoli, Ankur Desai, Dee Vanruyven, James Montgomery, Carolyn Kelley, Elizabeth Jach, Gary Diffee, Sharon Gartland, Ella Mae Matsumura, Kristin Branch
Deans: Vallabh “Samba” Sambamurthy, Robert Golden, Diana Hess, William Karpus, Mark Markel, Karl Martin, Christina Olstad, Guido Podestá, Margaret Raymond, Lori Reesor, Paul Robbins, Ian Robertson, Jeff Russell, Linda Scott, Soyeon Shim, Steve Swanson, Kathryn VandenBosch, Eric Wilcots
Also: Jeff Armstrong, Michael Bernard-Donals, Mo Bischof, Angie Bollinger, Lisa Carter, Steve Cramer, Heather Daniels, Steve Ackerman, Toni Good, Steve Hahn, Clare Huhn, Phil Hull, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Derek Kindle, Elaine Klein, Jennifer Klippel, Dan Langer, Sara Lazenby, John Lease, Will Lipske, Jocelyn Milner, Scott Owczarek, Laura Radar, Parmesh Ramanathan, Rebecca Ring, Melissa Schultz, Patrick Sims, Wren Singer, Jane Richard, Beth Warner, Michelle Young