DATE: September 6, 2013
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2013-14
|Rebecca Blank (Chancellor)||Herbert Chen (Biological Sciences)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||LD Oakley (University Committee Appointee)|
|Vacant (Associated Students of Madison)||Seth Blair (University Committee Appointee)|
|Jo Ellen Fair (University Committee Representative)||John Karl Scholz (Administrative Appointee)|
|Mark Seidenberg (Social Studies)||Ramon Aldag (University Committee Appointee)|
|Vacant (Arts and Humanities)||Jeff Shokler (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Darryl Thelen (University Committee Appointee)||Mark Eriksson (Physical Sciences)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2013 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00pm
Your attendance is important. Please let me or Jocelyn Milner know if you will be late or absent.
1. Welcome, introductions, opening announcements.
2. Automatic Consent – Minutes of the June 25, 2013, meeting. UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.01
3. Automatic Consent – Discontinuation of the Master Administrator Capstone Certificates. The certificate has had no students since 2008 and the School of Education was asked to consider discontinuing the certificate. Action is conditional on approval at the September 13, 2013 Graduate Faculty Executive Committee meeting. UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.02
There are no approval items for this meeting.
4. Orientation – Jocelyn Milner, director of Academic Planning and Institutional Research, will provide an overview of UAPC activity. Reference materials include the FPP Chapter 6 description of the UAPC, a reference guide to academic planning actions, a balance sheet that shows programs added and discontinued since 1994, guidelines for a new major/degree program, status of degree/majors currently in the planning process and recently approved, and the 2012-13 UAPC annual report. UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.03, UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.04, UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.05, UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.06, UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.07, UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.08
5. Annual Program Review Report. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, director of Academic Planning and Institutional Research. UAPC Doc 2013.09.19.09
Meeting Schedule for 2013-14 (all meetings 3:30-5pm, 350 Bascom Hall)
October 24 (4th Thursday), November 21, December 19,
January 16, February 20, March 27 (4th Thursday),
April 17, May 8 (2nd Thursday),
June 23 (4th Monday).
Agenda materials and policy documents are posted at UAPC Meeting Dates and Deadlines for Submitting Material
Copies: (no meeting-specific copy list for this meeting)
Deans: Lori Berquam, Robert Golden, Mark Markel, Katharyn May, François Ortalo-Magné, Guido Podesta, Margaret Raymond, Paul Robbins, Jeanette Roberts, Ian Robertson, Jeff Russell, Soyeon Shim, Kathryn VandenBosch, Julie Underwood
Also: Teresa Adams, Heather Daniels, Cathy Easter, Toni Good, Steve Hahn, Margaret Harrigan, Kelly Haslam, Clare Huhn, Phil Hull, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Sara Lazenby, Jennifer Martin (Grad School), Jocelyn Milner, Mo Noonan Bischof, Tim Norris, Stephanie Olivas (for Herbert Chen), Chris Olsen, Scott Owczarek, Andrea Poehling, Rebecca R. Ring (Admissions), Doug Rose, Patrick Sims, Wren Singer, Steve Stern, Beth Warner, Michelle Young.