DATE: September 9, 2010
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2010-11
|Biddy Martin (Chancellor)||Ron Kalil (Biological Sciences)|
|Susan Babcock (University Committee Representative)||Jon McKenzie (Arts and Humanities)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||Ken Potter (University Committee Appointee)|
|Chris DeMarco (Physical Sciences)||Mary Ray (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Lisa Forrest (University Committee Appointee)||Gary Sandefur (Administrative Appointee)|
|Gary Green (Social Sciences)||Dan Schaefer (University Committee Appointee)|
|Jacquie Hitchon (University Committee Appointee)||TBA (Associated Students of Madison)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: Thursday September 16, 2010 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
1. Automatic Consent Item – Minutes of the June 21, 2010 meeting. UAPC Doc 2010.9.16.01.
2. Approval – Discontinue the undergraduate major in Recreation Resources Management, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. Presenters: Ray Guries, associate dean in CALS; Mark Rickenbach, associate chair of Forestry & Wildlife Ecology. UAPC Doc 2010.9.16.02.
3. Discussion – Orientation to role and work of UAPC. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, director of Academic Planning and Analysis. UAPC Doc 2010.9.16.03.
4. Discussion – Revised Guidelines for Centers and Institutes. Presenter: Judith Burstyn, chair of the UAPC sub-committee to review the guidelines for centers and institutes. We will discuss the revised guidelines at this meeting. They will be formally adopted at a future meeting. UAPC Doc 2010.9.16.04, UAPC Doc 2010.9.16.05.
5. Information Item – 2009-10 UAPC Annual Report. UAPC Doc 2010.9.16.06.
6. Information Item – Program Review Guidelines, updated by UAPC in 2009-10, have been distributed and posted. UAPC Doc 2010.9.16.07.
Copies: Ray Guries, William Karasov, Judith Burstyn
Academic Deans and Directors: Lori Berquam, Gilles Bousquet, Daryl Buss, Jim Campbell, Kenneth Davis, Robin Douthitt, Robert Golden, Molly Jahn, Michael Knetter, Katharyn May, Gregg Mitman, Paul Peercy, Jeanette Roberts, Joan Schmit, Julie Underwood, Wendy Way
Also: Teresa Adams, Bruce Beck, Joanne Berg, Aaron Brower, Dan Edlebeck, Toni Good, Karen Hanson, Kelly Haslam, Margaret Harrigan, Clare Huhn
, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Sara Lazenby, Kathleen Matthews-Risley, Jocelyn Milner, David Musolf, Tim Norris, Doug Rose, Donna Silver, Steve Stern, Damon Williams
Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of Wisconsin-Madison
150 Bascom Hall 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706
608.262.1304 FAX: 608.265.3324