DATE: May 12, 2010
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2009-10
|Biddy Martin (Chancellor)||Jon McKenzie (Arts and Humanities)|
|Judith Burstyn (University Committee Representative)||Erik Paulson (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||Ken Potter (University Committee Appointee)|
|Chris DeMarco (Physical Sciences)||Mary Ray (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Lisa Forrest (University Committee Appointee)||Gary Sandefur (Administrative Appointee)|
|Gary Green (Social Sciences)||Dan Schaefer (University Committee Appointee)|
|Ron Kalil (Biological Sciences)||Wendy Way (University Committee Appointee)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: Thursday, May 20, 2010 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
1. Automatic Consent Item – Minutes of the April 15, 2010 meeting. Attachment 1.
2. Approval – Certificate in Entrepreneurship, for undergraduates, School of Business. Presenters: Joan Schmidt, associate dean, School of Business; Anne Miner, professor of Business. Attachment 2.
3. Joint Review – BS Engineering Physics, College of Engineering. Presenter Christopher DeMarco, chair of the review committee. Guests: Wendy Crone, professor of Engineering Physics; Steve Cramer, associate dean, College of Engineering Physics. Attachment 3.
4. Joint Review – MFA-Creative Writing, College of Letters and Science. Presenter: Jon McKenzie, chair of the review committee. Guest: Jesse Lee Kercheval, professor of English. Attachment 4.
5. Joint Review – PhD Second Language Acquisition. Presenter: Jon McKenzie, chair of the review committee. Guest: Sally Magnan, professor of French and Italian. Attachment 5.
Copies: Jesse Lee Kercheval, Sally Magnan, Wendy Crone, Steve Cramer, Joan Schmit, Anne Miner.
Academic Deans and Directors: Lori Berquam, Gilles Bousquet, Daryl Buss, Kenneth Davis, Robin Douthitt, Robert Golden, Irwin Goldman, Michael Knetter, Katharyn May, Gregg Mitman, Paul Peercy, Jeanette Roberts, Julie Underwood, Marv Van Kekerix.
Also: Teresa Adams, Bruce Beck, Joanne Berg, Aaron Brower, Dan Edlebeck, Toni Good, Margaret Harrigan, Clare Huhn, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Judith Kornblatt, Kathleen Matthews-Risley, Jocelyn Milner, David Musolf, Tim Norris, Doug Rose, Karen Hanson, Donna Silver, Steve Stern, Damon Williams.
Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of Wisconsin-Madison
150 Bascom Hall 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706
608.262.1304 FAX: 608.265.3324