DATE: March 15, 2011
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2010-11
|Biddy Martin (Chancellor)||Jacquie Hitchon (University Committee Appointee)|
|Susan Babcock (University Committee Representative)||Ron Kalil (Biological Sciences)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||Erik Paulson (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Chris DeMarco (Physical Sciences)||Ken Potter (University Committee Appointee)|
|Lisa Forrest (University Committee Appointee)||Mary Ray (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Gary Green (Social Sciences)||Gary Sandefur (Administrative Appointee)|
|Jon McKenzie (Arts and Humanities)||Dan Schaefer (University Committee Appointee)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: Thursday March 24, 2011 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
I am going to be out of town at a WAA Wisconsin Weekend Away event on March 24 so Dean Sandefur will chair in my place. I am planning for one agenda item at our April meeting to be a discussion of some of the implications of the public authority proposal in relation to academic planning issues.
1. Automatic Consent Item – Minutes of the February 17, 2011 meeting. UAPC Doc 2011.03.24.01.
2. Approval Item – Certificate in Nuclear Engineering Materials, Department of Engineering Physics and the Department of Materials Science Engineering, College of Engineering. Presenters: Steven Cramer, associate dean; Michael Corradini, professor and chair of Engineering Physics. UAPC Doc 2011.03.24.02.
3. Approval Item – Entitlement to Plan a BS-Athletic Training, Department of Kinesiology, School of Education. Presenters: Julie Underwood, dean, School of Education; Dorothy Edwards, professor and chair of Kinesiology. UAPC Doc 2011.03.24.03.
4. Approval Item – Center for Child Welfare Policy and Practice, School of Social Work and Institute for Research on Poverty, College of Letters and Science. Presenters: Susan Ellis Weismer, associate dean in Letters and Science; Kristen Shook Slack, professor and associate director of Social Work; Jennifer Noyes, research at the Institute for Research on Poverty. UAPC Doc 2011.03.24.04.
5. Annual Report – Undergraduate General Education Committee (UGEC). Presenter: Elaine Klein, chair of the UGEC chair and assistant dean, College of Letters and Science. The UAPC receives an annual report from the UGEC because the UAPC authority for oversight of general education is delegated to this committee. UAPC Doc 2011.03.24.05.
6. Automatic consent approval – Rename the graduate certificate “Organizational and Technological Innovation in Society” to “Strategic Innovation: Technology, Organizations and Society”, Department of Management and Human Resources, School of Business. This action was adopted by the Graduate Faculty Executive Committee at their February 2011 meeting. By UAPC policy, name changes for graduate certificates are automatic consent items. UAPC Doc 2011.03.24.06.
7. Automatic consent approval – Rename the “Center for the History of Print Culture in Modern America” to the “Center for the History of Print and Digital Culture”, School of Library and Information Studies, College of Letters and Science. By UAPC policy, name changes for centers are usually handled as automatic consent items. UAPC Doc 2011.03.24.07.
8. Information Item – Review of Obsolete Courses. I am forwarding to you this letter from Andrea Poehling that describes plans for future reviews of the course array for your information. UAPC Doc 2011.03.24.08.
Copies: Steven Cramer, Michael Corradini, Dorothy Edwards, Andrew Winterstein, Susan Ellis Weismer, Kristen Shook Slack, Jennifer Noyes, Anne Miner, Christine Pawley, Andrea Poehling.
Academic Deans and Directors: Lori Berquam, Gilles Bousquet, Daryl Buss, Jim Campbell, Kenneth Davis, Robin Douthitt, Robert Golden, Katharyn May, Gregg Mitman, Paul Peercy, Jeanette Roberts, Joan Schmit, Bill Tracy, Julie Underwood
Also: Teresa Adams, Bruce Beck, Joanne Berg, Aaron Brower, Toni Good, Karen Hanson, Margaret Harrigan, Kelly Haslam, Clare Huhn
, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Sara Lazenby, Kathleen Matthews-Risley, Jocelyn Milner, David Musolf, Tim Norris, Scott Owczarek, Doug Rose, Donna Silver, Steve Stern, Damon Williams
Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of Wisconsin-Madison
150 Bascom Hall 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706
608.262.1304 FAX: 608.265.3324