DATE: March 10, 2010
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2009-10
|Biddy Martin (Chancellor)||Jon McKenzie (Arts and Humanities)|
|Judith Burstyn (University Committee Representative)||Erik Paulson (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||Ken Potter (University Committee Appointee)|
|Chris DeMarco (Physical Sciences)||Mary Ray (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Lisa Forrest (University Committee Appointee)||Gary Sandefur (Administrative Appointee)|
|Gary Green (Social Sciences)||Dan Schaefer (University Committee Appointee)|
|Ron Kalil (Biological Sciences)||Wendy Way (University Committee Appointee)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: Thursday, March 18, 2010 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
1. Automatic Consent Item – Minutes of the February 18, 2010 meeting. Attachment 1.
2. Approval – Transfer the Cytotechnology Program academic home from the School of Medicine and Public Health to the Department of Genetics, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. Presenter: Irwin Goldman, Interim Dean, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences; Michael Culbertson, Chair of Genetics. Attachment 2.
3. Approval – Entitlement to Plan a BS-Environmental Studies. Presenters: Gregg Mitman, Director of the Nelson Institute; Gary Sandefur, Dean, College of Letters and Science; William Cronon, Professor of History. Attachment 3.
5. Discussion and Approval – Joint Review Guidelines. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Director of Academic Planning and Analysis. The attached draft incorporates changes we discussed at the last meeting and some comments that Jocelyn received since then. The relative lack of comment suggests there is an emerging consensus that you are ready to formally adopt these guidelines at the meeting. Please take a serious look at this final draft with that in mind. Attachment 5.
6. Information Item – The annual grade distribution memo, which is distributed following a recommendation of UAPC, is attached for information. Attachment 6.
7. Information – The tentative agenda for the April 2010 UAPC meeting includes the following items:
- Consideration of the joint review of the MS-Creative Writing;
- Consideration of the joint review of the PhD in Second Language Acquisition;
- Consideration of the program review guidelines;
- An update on the obsolete course project;
- An update on the course proposal process project;
- A presentation on the Course Guide (originally scheduled for March but the presenters were unavailable).
Copies: Michael Culbertson, Michele Smith, John Shalkham, William Cronon.
Academic Deans and Directors: Lori Berquam, Gilles Bousquet, Daryl Buss, Kenneth Davis, Robin Douthitt, Robert Golden, Irwin Goldman, Michael Knetter, Katharyn May, Gregg Mitman, Paul Peercy, Jeanette Roberts, Julie Underwood, Marv Van Kekerix.
Also: Teresa Adams, Bruce Beck, Joanne Berg, Aaron Brower, Dan Edlebeck, Toni Good, Margaret Harrigan, Clare Huhn, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Judith Kornblatt, Kathleen Matthews-Risley, Jocelyn Milner, David Musolf, Tim Norris, Doug Rose, Karen Hanson, Donna Silver, Steve Stern, Damon Williams
Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of Wisconsin-Madison
150 Bascom Hall 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706
608.262.1304 FAX: 608.265.3324