DATE: January 13, 2010
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2009-10
|Biddy Martin (Chancellor)||Jon McKenzie (Arts and Humanities)|
|Judith Burstyn (University Committee Representative)||Erik Paulson (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||Ken Potter (University Committee Appointee)|
|Chris DeMarco (Physical Sciences)||Mary Ray (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Lisa Forrest (University Committee Appointee)||Gary Sandefur (Administrative Appointee)|
|Gary Green (Social Sciences)||Dan Schaefer (University Committee Appointee)|
|Ron Kalil(Biological Sciences)||Wendy Way (University Committee Appointee)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: Thursday, January 21, 2010 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
1. Automatic Consent Item – Minutes of the December 17, 2009 meeting. Attachment 1.
2. Approval – J.F. Crow Institute for the Study of Evolution. The institute will be housed in the Department of Genetics, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. Presenters: Irwin Goldman, interim dean of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences; David Baum, chair of the Botany Department. Attachment 2.
3. Approval – Suspend admissions to the BS-Agricultural Education. Presenter: Irwin Goldman, interim dean of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. Attachment 3.
4. Approval – Rename the undergraduate major in Agricultural Journalism to Life Sciences Communication. Presenter: Irwin Goldman, interim dean of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. Attachment 4.
5. Approval (Automatic Consent) – Discontinue the MS/PhD in Environmental Monitoring. This action was approved by the Graduate Faculty Executive Committee on December 11, 2009. Attachment 5.
6. Discussion – Annual Report on Program Review. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Director of Academic Planning and Analysis. Attachment 6.
7. Discussion – Revised Program Review Guidelines. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Director of Academic Planning and Analysis. Attachment 7.
8. Discussion – Revised Joint Review Guidelines. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Director of Academic Planning and Analysis. Attachment 8.
9. Information – UW-Madison Academic Program Approval Overview, revised to reflect June 2009 changes to UW System policy (ACIS 1.0). Attachment 9.
10. Information – UW System ACIS 1.0, Regent Policy on Academic Planning and Program Review in the UW System, revised June 2009. Attachment 10.
11. The tentative agenda for the February 2010 UAPC meeting includes the following approvals and discussion items: Discontinuation of the BS-Clinical Laboratory Sciences, update on obsolete course project, update on the course proposal process project, a presentation on the Course Guide.
Copies: David Baum, Jacquie Hitchon
Academic Deans and Directors: Lori Berquam, Gilles Bousquet, Daryl Buss, Kenneth Davis, Robin Douthitt, Robert Golden, Irwin Goldman, Michael Knetter, Katharyn May, Gregg Mitman, Paul Peercy, Jeanette Roberts, Julie Underwood, Marv Van Kekerix.
Also: Teresa Adams, Bruce Beck, Joanne Berg, Aaron Brower, Toni Good, Margaret Harrigan, Clare Huhn, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Judith Kornblatt, Kathleen Matthews-Risley, Jocelyn Milner, David Musolf, Tim Norris, Doug Rose, Karen Hanson, Donna Silver, Steve Stern, Damon Williams
Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of Wisconsin-Madison
150 Bascom Hall 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706
608.262.1304 FAX: 608.265.3324