DATE: January 12, 2011
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2010-11
|Biddy Martin (Chancellor)||Jacquie Hitchon (University Committee Appointee)|
|Susan Babcock (University Committee Representative)||Ron Kalil (Biological Sciences)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||Erik Paulson (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Chris DeMarco (Physical Sciences)||Ken Potter (University Committee Appointee)|
|Lisa Forrest (University Committee Appointee)||Mary Ray (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Gary Green (Social Sciences)||Gary Sandefur (Administrative Appointee)|
|Stephen Hilyard(Arts and Humanities)||Dan Schaefer (University Committee Appointee)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: Thursday January 20, 2011 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
1. Automatic Consent Item – Minutes of the December 16, 2010 meeting. UAPC Doc 2011.1.20.01.
2. Approval – Discontinue the BS-Civil Engineering option: Surveying. Presenter: Steve Cramer, Associate Dean, College of Engineering. UAPC Doc 2011.1.20.02.
3. Automatic Consent – Discontinue the Applied Superconductivity Center, College of Engineering. UAPC Doc 2011.1.20.03.
4. Automatic Consent – Discontinue the Wisconsin Center for Space Automation and Robotics, College of Engineering. UAPC Doc 2011.1.20.03.
5. Discussion – Wisconsin Experience, Essential Learning Outcomes, and High Impact Practices. Presenter: Aaron Brower, Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning. UAPC Doc 2011.01.20.04.
6. Approval – Establish a Center for Financial Security, School of Human Ecology. Presenters: Robin Douthitt, Dean, School of Human Ecology; Wendy Way, Associate Dean, School of Human Ecology; J. Michael Collins, Professor and Center Director; Nicole Troug, Associate Director. UAPC Doc 2011.1.20.05.
7. Approval – Guidelines Governing Centers and Institutes. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Director of Academic Planning and Analysis. The guidelines were discussed by UAPC at the September meeting and have been routed to the deans for comment. The final draft is ready to be considered for adoption. UAPC Doc 2011.1.20.06.
8. Discussion – Guidelines for Academic Program Collaborations with International Universities. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Director of Academic Planning and Analysis. These guidelines were developed with and vetted by a large working group of faculty and administrators that was convened in January 2010 by Gilles Bousquet, Dean of International Studies and Programs. An earlier draft was distributed with the June 2010 UAPC materials. UAPC Doc 2011.1.20.07, UAPC Doc 2011.1.20.08.
9. Information Item – Summary of Planned and Completed UAPC 2010-11 Activity. UAPC Doc 2011.01.20.09.
Copies: Steve Cramer, Wendy Way, J. Michael Collins, Nicole Truog
Academic Deans and Directors: Lori Berquam, Gilles Bousquet, Daryl Buss, Jim Campbell, Kenneth Davis, Robin Douthitt, Robert Golden, Katharyn May, Gregg Mitman, Paul Peercy, Jeanette Roberts, Joan Schmit, Bill Tracy, Julie Underwood
Also: Teresa Adams, Bruce Beck, Joanne Berg, Aaron Brower, Dan Edlebeck, Toni Good, Karen Hanson, Margaret Harrigan, Kelly Haslam, Clare Huhn, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Sara Lazenby, Kathleen Matthews-Risley, Jocelyn Milner, David Musolf, Tim Norris, Doug Rose, Donna Silver, Steve Stern, Damon Williams
Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of Wisconsin-Madison
150 Bascom Hall 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706
608.262.1304 FAX: 608.265.3324