DATE: February 10, 2010
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2009-10
|Biddy Martin (Chancellor)||Jon McKenzie (Arts and Humanities)|
|Judith Burstyn (University Committee Representative)||Erik Paulson (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||Ken Potter (University Committee Appointee)|
|Chris DeMarco (Physical Sciences)||Mary Ray (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Lisa Forrest (University Committee Appointee)||Gary Sandefur (Administrative Appointee)|
|Gary Green (Social Sciences)||Dan Schaefer (University Committee Appointee)|
|Ron Kalil (Biological Sciences)||Wendy Way (University Committee Appointee)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: Thursday, February 18, 2010 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Your attendance is important. Please let Jocelyn Milner or me know if you will be late or absent.
1. Automatic Consent Item – Minutes of the January 21, 2010 meeting. Attachment 1.
2. Approval – Discontinue the BS-Clinical Laboratory Sciences. Presenter: Bob Golden, Byron Crouse Attachment 2.
3. Discussion – Revised Joint Review Guidelines. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Director of Academic Planning and Analysis. Please come prepared to discuss the revised version of the joint review guidelines. This document combines the current UW System guidelines for joint reviews with a number of UAPC actions and discussions related to the joint review process in recent years. Most of the content has been discussed at prior meetings and so we may be able to formally adopt these guidelines at this meeting. Attachment 3.
4. Discussion – Revised Program Review Guidelines. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Director of Academic Planning and Analysis. Jocelyn has prepared this draft of new guidelines at your request (per October 2008 UAPC meeting) as a starting point for discussion. Please come prepared to discuss these guidelines. Attachment 4.
5. Automatic Consent Approval – New option for the MS in Business: Real Estate and Urban Land Economics: Option Name – Global Real Estate. This program will be referred to by the acronym GREM (Global Real Estate Masters). This action is dependent upon approval by the Graduate Faculty Executive Committee on February 12, 2010. Attachment 5.
6. Information Item – The UAPC sub-committee that is reviewing the guidelines for centers has started to meet according to the following schedule: Friday, February 12, 11:00 a.m.; Friday, February 19, 1:00 p.m. (tentative); Friday, March 5, 1:00 p.m. The members of the committee are Mary Ray, Erik Paulson, Judith Burstyn, Ron Kalil, and Elaine Klein (for Gary Sandefur). The committee members will select a chair from among the membership at the first meeting. Additional UAPC members are welcome to join the group. Please let Jocelyn Milner know if you would like to participate in this sub-committee.
7. The agenda for the March 2010 UAPC meeting includes the following discussion and approval items: the joint review of the MS-Creative Writing; finalize joint review guidelines; update on obsolete course project; update on the course proposal process project; a presentation on the Course Guide; third discussion of the program review guidelines.
Copies: Byron Crouse, Patti Martin
Academic Deans and Directors: Lori Berquam, Gilles Bousquet, Daryl Buss, Kenneth Davis, Robin Douthitt, Robert Golden, Irwin Goldman, Michael Knetter, Katharyn May, Gregg Mitman, Paul Peercy, Jeanette Roberts, Julie Underwood, Marv Van Kekerix.
Also: Teresa Adams, Bruce Beck, Joanne Berg, Aaron Brower, Dan Edlebeck, Toni Good, Margaret Harrigan, Clare Huhn, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Judith Kornblatt, Kathleen Matthews-Risley, Jocelyn Milner, David Musolf, Tim Norris, Doug Rose, Karen Hanson, Donna Silver, Steve Stern, Damon Williams
Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of Wisconsin-Madison
150 Bascom Hall 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706
608.262.1304 FAX: 608.265.3324