DATE: December 11, 2013
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2013-14
|Rebecca Blank (Chancellor)||Herbert Chen (Biological Sciences)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||LD Oakley (University Committee Appointee)|
|Laura A. Dunek (Associated Students of Madison)||Seth Blair (University Committee Appointee)|
|Jo Ellen Fair (University Committee Representative)||John Karl Scholz (Administrative Appointee)|
|Mark Seidenberg (Social Studies)||Ramon Aldag (University Committee Appointee)|
|Robert (Rob) Glenn Howard (Arts and Humanities)||Jeff Shokler (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Darryl Thelen (University Committee Appointee)||Mark Eriksson (Physical Sciences)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: THURSDAY DECEMBER 19, 2013 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m
Your attendance is important. Please let me or Jocelyn Milner know if you will be late or absent.
1. Welcome, introductions, opening announcements.
2. Automatic Consent – Minutes of the November 21, 2013, meeting. UAPC Doc 2013.12.19.01
3. Automatic Consent – Capstone Certificate in Infant Early Childhood and Family Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Public Health. This proposal is under consideration at the December 13 Graduate Faculty Executive Committee meeting. Instruction in the program will be predominately on-site (not a distance-education program); this will be a program-revenue program under the Educational Innovations guidelines. UAPC Doc 2013.12.19.02
4. Approval – Notice of Intent for an undergraduate major in Neurobiology, associated with the College of Letters & Science BS and BA degrees, Department of Zoology, College of Letters & Science. Presenters: Eric Wilcots, associate dean, College of Letters & Science; Jeff Hardin, chair of the Department of Zoology. (Note on program review: The most recent Biology major review was completed in 2012-13. Reviews for programs in Zoology, last completed in 1999-00, are currently underway.) UAPC Doc 2013.12.19.03
5. Approval – Restructuring of the Arts Institute. Presenter: Norma Saldivar, director of the Arts Institute and professor of Theater and Drama. UAPC Doc 2013.12.19.04
January 16, February 20, March 27 (4th Thursday),
April 17, May 8 (2nd Thursday),
June 23 (4th Monday).
Agenda materials and policy documents are posted at UAPC Meeting Dates and Deadlines for Submitting Material
Copies: Eric Wilcots, Jeff Hardin, Norma Saldivar, Kate Hewson, Jeff Hamm, Roseanne Clark
Deans: Lori Berquam, Robert Golden, Mark Markel, Katharyn May, François Ortalo-Magné, Guido Podesta, Margaret Raymond, Paul Robbins, Jeanette Roberts, Ian Robertson, Jeff Russell, Soyeon Shim, Kathryn VandenBosch, Julie Underwood
Also: Teresa Adams, Heather Daniels, Cathy Easter, Toni Good, Steve Hahn, Margaret Harrigan, Kelly Haslam, Clare Huhn, Phil Hull, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Sara Lazenby, Jennifer Martin (Grad School), Jocelyn Milner, Mo Noonan Bischof, Tim Norris, Stephanie Olivas (for Herbert Chen), Chris Olsen, Scott Owczarek, Andrea Poehling, Rebecca R. Ring (Admissions), Doug Rose, Patrick Sims, Wren Singer, Steve Stern, Beth Warner, Michelle Young.