DATE: December 7, 2011
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2011-12
|David Ward (Chancellor)||Ron Kalil (Biological Sciences)|
|Martin Cadwallader (Graduate School)||LD Oakley (University Committee Appointee)|
|Laura A. Dunek (Associated Students of Madison)||Ken Potter (University Committee Appointee)|
|Linda Graham (University Committee Representative)||Gary Sandefur (Administrative Appointee)|
|Gary Green (Social Sciences)||Dan Schaefer (University Committee Appointee)|
|Stephen Hilyard (Arts and Humanities)||Jim Steele (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Jacquie Hitchon (University Committee Appointee)||Richard Straub (Physical Sciences)|
FROM: Paul M. DeLuca, Jr. (Chair)
RE: Thursday December 15, 2011 UAPC Meeting – 350 BASCOM HALL, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
1. Welcome and introductions.
2. Automatic Consent – Minutes of the November 17, 2011 meeting. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.01
3. Approval Item – Proposal for a PhD in Epidemiology. Presenters: Richard Moss, associate dean, School of Medicine and Public Health, Javier Nieto, chair of Population Health Sciences; Halcyon Skinner, professor of Population Health Sciences;. UAPC member Dan Schaefer was the chair of the proposal review committee. The proposal, outside letters, and the report from the review committee are attached. This proposal is also scheduled for consideration at the Graduate Faculty Executive Committee on December 16 and approval requires a positive recommendation by both committees. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.02, UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.03, UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.04.
4. Approval Item – Extend the Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship to be open to students in professional programs (careers MED, PHARM, VMED, LAW). Presenters: Joan Schmit, associate dean, School of Business; Anne Miner, professor, School of Business. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.05
5. Approval Item – Extend the Graduate Certificate in Strategic Innovations to be open to students in professional programs (careers MED, PHARM, VMED, LAW). Presenters: Joan Schmit, associate dean, School of Business; Anne Miner, professor, School of Business. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.05
6. Approval Item – Proposal to suspend admissions to the undergraduate degree/major BS-Family, Consumer and Community Education, School of Human Ecology. Presenters: Robin Douthitt, dean, Human Ecology; Wendy Way, associate dean, Human Ecology. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.06
7. Approval Item – Proposal to suspend admissions to the undergraduate degree/major BS-Consumer Affairs, School of Human Ecology. Presenters: Robin Douthitt, dean, Human Ecology, Wendy Way, associate dean, Human Ecology. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.07
8. Approval Item – Proposal to suspend admissions to the undergraduate Secondary Education Teacher Preparation programs in the School of Education. Presenters: Alan Lockwood, professor of Curriculum and Instruction; John Rudolph, chair of Curriculum and Instruction; Cheryl Hanley-Maxwell, associate dean, School of Education; Jeff Hamm, associate dean, School of Education. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.08
9. Discussion Item – Educational Innovations. Presenters: Aaron Brower, vice provost for Teaching and Learning; Jeff Russell, dean of Continuing Studies. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.09
10. Discussion Item – Updated and Revised Guidelines for Certificates. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, director of Academic Planning and Analysis. UAPC Doc 2011.12.15.10
11. Information – Items for upcoming meetings include the annual report from the General Education Committee (April meeting), the five-year review of the MA-Gender and Women’s Studies (chaired by Jacquie Hitchon), the five-year review of the Doctor of Audiology (chaired by Ken Potter), and the five year review of the MS-Occupational Therapy (chaired by LD Oakley). The report on the BS-Medical Microbiology and Immunology program is due on February 1, 2012 and expected for the February meeting.
Copies: Wendy Way, Alan Lockwood, Cheryl Hanley-Maxwell, Jeff Hamm, Brad Zulick, John Rudolf, Joey Anderson-Lubasi, Richard Moss, Halcyon Skinner, Marty Kanerak, Katherine (Katy) Duren, Joan Schmit, Anne Miner
Academic Deans and Directors: Lori Berquam, Gilles Bousquet, Daryl Buss, Robin Douthitt, Robert Golden, François Ortalo-Magné, Katharyn May, Gregg Mitman, Paul Peercy, Margaret Raymond, Jeanette Roberts, Jeff Russell, Bill Tracy, Julie Underwood
Also: Teresa Adams, Bruce Beck, Joanne Berg, Aaron Brower, Toni Good, Karen Hanson, Margaret Harrigan, Kelly Haslam, Clare Huhn, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Sara Lazenby, Kathleen Matthews-Risley, Jocelyn Milner, David Musolf, Tim Norris, Scott Owczarek, Andrea Poehling, Doug Rose, Donna Silver, Steve Stern, Damon Williams
Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
150 Bascom Hall University of Wisconsin-Madison 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53706
608.262.1304 Fax: 608.265.3324