Undergraduate Time-to-Degree Reports
These reports show average time-to-degree metrics for Undergraduate majors, including elapsed calendar years, credits to degree, and terms enrolled to degree. These reports also contain peer comparison data on average elapsed calendar years to degree for UW-Madison majors in comparison to similar majors at other public AAU institutions.
- Program-level comparison with peer universities in 2014-15, sorted alphabetically (PDF/Excel)
- Program-level comparison with peer universities in 2014-15, sorted by distance from peer time-to-degree (PDF)
- Scatterplot charts with peer comparison data by School/College for 2014-15 (PDF/Excel)
Overview of Progress-to-Degree Metrics
- Progress-to-Degree Measures - A one-page summary of undergraduate progress-to-degree measures including the most recent retention, graduation and time-to-degree metrics.
- Progress-to-Degree Presentation - A presentation containing information on undergraduate time-to-degree, graduation rates, and peer comparison data for majors and the overall institution.
Analyses of Time-to-Degree Issues
- Predictors of time-to-degree (December 2014). This analysis examines predictors of time-to-degree for bachelors degree recipients and includes information by school/college. This analysis is part of a larger project coordinated by the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning around reducing time-to-degree and improving the four-year graduation rate.
- Predictors of Time to Degree and Delayed Graduation for UW-Madison Undergraduates (2006)
- Trends in Major and Certificates per Degree, 2013 (PowerPoint)
- Trends in Curricular Exceptions in L&S Academic Programs (PDF) - a report from Academic Information Management, a division of L&S Student Academic Affairs.
PhD Completions and Time-To-Degree by Major
PhD Program-Level Time-to-Degree Peer Comparisons
- Memo to Colleagues, Updated August 2013
- Program-Level Peer Comparisons (PDF, Updated January 2015)
- Program-Level Peer Comparisons (Excel, Updated January 2015)
PhD Program-Level Completion Rate Data
- PhD Completions with Peer Comparison Data (PDF, Updated May 2015)
- PhD Completions and Three-Year Median Doctoral Time-to-Degree Indicators (Updated January 2015)
- Three-Year Median Doctoral Time-to-Degree Indicators (2010-11 through 2012-13 doctoral degrees awarded, Updated January 2015)
- Long-term PhD Time-to-Degree Trends (Overall, by Disciplinary Division, by School/College, and by Major from 1985-2013)