Degrees, Majors, and Options
The following documents and links provide information about planning new academic degrees, majors and options, and reorganizing or discontinuing those programs.
Majors and Degrees
- New majors and degree programs approval process
- Renaming or restructuring major/degree programs
- Suspending or discontinuing major/degree programs
- Awarding of Duplicate Degrees - limits on awarding the same degree multiple times to the same student.
- Policy on Major Declaration for Schools/Colleges that Enroll Undergraduates
- Named Options (a sub-major within a major program)
- DRAFT Policy Guidelines for Named Options. Comments invited through December 1, 2015. Comments on Named Options can be directed to Sarah Kuba or Jocelyn Milner. Comments on Honors can be directed to Michelle Young or Beth Warner.
- Information about certificate programs.
Distance and Off-Campus
- Distance education programs and courses (updated October 2015)
- Off-campus Academic Degrees Sites and Course Locations
- Academic program collaborations with universities in other countries - this document lists the various modes of establishing collaborations (study abroad, exchange programs, transfer, dual degrees, etc).
- Guidelines for dual degrees between UW-Madison and universities in other countries (adopted by UAPC, May 2011)
- Summary of Considerations for Off-Campus Courses and Programs (Letters & Sciences)
Educational Innovation and Non-Pooled Tuition
- Educational Innovations (EI) Program Principles - for consideration with EI programs
- Program Revenue Programs - Guidelines and Requirements (Revised March 2015)