Degrees, Majors, and Options
The following documents and links provide information about planning new academic degrees, majors and options, and reorganizing or discontinuing those programs.
Majors and Degrees
- New majors and degree programs approval process
- Renaming or restructuring major/degree programs
- Suspending or discontinuing major/degree programs
- Awarding of Duplicate Degrees - limits on awarding the same degree multiple times to the same student.
- Policy on Major Declaration for Schools/Colleges that Enroll Undergraduates
- Information about certificate programs.
Distance and Off-Campus
- Approvals for Distance Education Programs and Courses (updated October 2015)
- Proposal form for Online/Distance Delivery of an Academic Program
- Off-campus Academic Degrees Sites and Course Locations
- Academic program collaborations with universities in other countries - this document lists the various modes of establishing collaborations (study abroad, exchange programs, transfer, dual degrees, etc).
- Guidelines for dual degrees between UW-Madison and universities in other countries (adopted by UAPC, May 2011)
- Summary of Considerations for Off-Campus Courses and Programs (Letters & Sciences)
Educational Innovation and Non-Pooled Tuition
- Educational Innovations (EI) Program Principles - for consideration with EI programs
- Program Revenue Programs - Guidelines and Requirements