Course Proposal Process
Please send inquiries about the course approval process to email@example.com.
Access the online system for the course proposal process at https://courseproposals.wisc.edu.
All course proposals must be submitted through this website; a paper-based process is no longer available.
Visit the Courses and Academic Programs Knowledgebase to learn more about the course proposal process. Topics include:
- How do I create a course proposal?
- What is the process for having a course approved?
- Which course proposals must be reviewed by the university curriculum committee?
- Whom do I contact if I have a question about a course proposal?
- Documents to help navigate the online system for the course proposal process
- Additional documents related to course policies and procedures
Credit by Departmental Examination
In the spring of 2015 the University Academic Planning Council approved a policy to allow departments to offer credit by examination to undergraduate students.
Any questions or feedback about the course proposal process should be directed to: