UW-Madison is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
UW-Madison's liaison to the HLC is Jocelyn Milner, director of Academic Planning and Institutional Research. Contact Jocelyn if you have questions about regional accreditation.
Annual Data Updates
APIR provides UW-Madison's annual institutional data update reports (AIDU) to HLC:
- Higher Learning Commission Annual Data Update, 2013
- Higher Learning Commission Annual Data Update, 2012
- Higher Learning Commission Annual Data Update, 2011
- Higher Learning Commission Annual Data Update, 2010
2009 Reaccreditation Project
UW-Madison was last accredited by the HLC in 2009.
The next comprehensive accreditation review will be in 2019.
- Formal letter documenting the 1999 accreditation
- Formal letter documenting the 2009 accreditation
- Status of affiliation and Organizational Profile as of 6/11/2013
- HLC site to look up most current information
- 2009 Reaccreditation Project web site.
More than 50 of UW-Madison's academic programs are accredited by specialized accrediting agencies.
For a complete list, see the Data Digest.