DATE: September 7, 2016
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2016-17
|Rebecca Blank (Chancellor)||Dennis Miller (Arts and Humanities)|
|William Karpus (Graduate School)||Carol Pope (University Staff Appointee)|
|John Karl Scholz (Administrative Appointee)||Debra Shapiro (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Seth Blair (University Committee Appointee)||James Skinner (University Committee Appointee)|
|Brian Gould (Social Studies)||Sarah Thal (University Committee Appointee)|
|Ed Jackson (Biological Sciences)||Darryl Thelen (University Committee Appointee)|
|Cathy Middlecamp (Physical Sciences)||Anja Wanner (University Committee Appointee)|
|Vacant (Associated Students of Madison)|
FROM: Sarah C. Mangelsdorf (Chair)
RE: THURSDAY, September 15, 2016 UAPC Meeting - 52 BASCOM HALL, 3:30-5:00 pm
Your attendance is important. Please let me or Jocelyn Milner know if you will be late or absent.
- Welcome, introductions, opening announcements.
- Orientation to UAPC Activities
- Faculty Policies and Procedures 6.52. UAPC Doc 2016.09.15.01
- UW-Madison Academic Program Approval Overview. UAPC Doc 2016.09.15.02
- Implementations, Eliminations and Consolidations of Academic Programs, Departments, and Centers. UAPC Doc 2016.09.15.03
- 2015-2016 UAPC Annual Report. UAPC Doc 2016.09.15.04
- Automatic Consent – Minutes of the June 16, 2016, meeting. UAPC Doc 2016.09.15.05
- Delay the enrollment of students into two named options within the Master of Engineering, Engineering major from Fall 2016 until Fall 2017. UAPC Doc 2016.09.15.06
- Applied Computing & Engineering Data Analytics
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Merger of Department of History of Science with Department of History, College of Letters & Science. The merged Department of History will house:
- Majors – Major Code 499: History (BS, BA, MA-History, and PhD), Major Code 504: History and History of History of Science, Medicine and Technology (BA, BS), Major Code 517: History of Science, Medicine and Technology (BA, BS, MA-History of Science, Medicine and Technology, PhD.). All majors are up to date on program review.
- Certificates – Code 203: Celtic Studies, Code 450: Medieval Studies. All certificates are up to date on program review. Celtic Studies has suspended admissions. A plan to end or reopen is due September 1, 2017.
- Subject Listings - 448 History, 456 History of Science, 633, Medieval Studies (currently associated with the Medieval Studies Program) This action is effective July 1, 2017.
- Approve Language Sharing agreements between UW-Madison and non-Big Ten Academic Alliance Institutions. Presenters: Susan Zaeske, associate dean, L&S; Rick Keller, associate dean, Division of International studies. UAPC Doc 2016.09.15.08
- Annual program review report. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. UAPC Doc 2016.09.15.09
- Honors Discussion. Discussion Leader: Sarah Mangelsdorf, Provost.
Meeting Schedule for 2016-17, 3:30-5:00 pm:
October 20, 2016; November 17, 2016; December 15, 2016; January 19, 2017; February 16, 2017; March 16, 2017; April 20, 2017; May 18, 2017; June 15, 2017
Agenda materials and policy documents are posted at http://www.apir.wisc.edu/uapc.htm
Copies: Laird Boswell, Florence Hsia, Rick Keller, James Sweet, Susan Zaeske
Deans: John Baldacchino, Lori Berquam, Robert Golden, Diana Hess, Mark Markel, François Ortalo-Magné, Guido Podestá, Margaret Raymond, Paul Robbins, Ian Robertson, Jeff Russell, Linda Scott, Soyeon Shim, Steve Swanson, Kathryn VandenBosch
Also: Teresa Adams, Jeff Armstrong, Michael Bernard-Donals, Suzanne Broadberry, Steve Cramer, Heather Daniels, Elizabeth Fredricks, Toni Good, Marty Gustafson, Steve Hahn, Margaret Harrigan, Clare Huhn, Phil Hull, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Derek Kindle, Elaine Klein, Sarah Kuba, Sara Lazenby, John Lease, Marsha Mailick, Jocelyn Milner, Mo Noonan Bischof, Tim Norris, Scott Owczarek, André Phillips, Rebecca Ring, Patrick Sims, Wren Singer, Steve Smith, Beth Warner