DATE: September 9, 2015
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2015-16
|Rebecca Blank (Chancellor)||Dennis Miller (Arts and Humanities)|
|William Karpus (Graduate School)||Mark Seidenberg (Social Studies)|
|John Karl Scholz (Administrative Appointee)||Debra Shapiro (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Ramon Aldag (University Committee Appointee)||James Skinner (University Committee Appointee)|
|Seth Blair (University Committee Appointee)||Darryl Thelen (University Committee Appointee)|
|Dorothy Farrar-Edwards (University Committee Appointee)||Kate Wiedel (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Isaac Lee (University Staff Appointee)||Vacant (Biological Sciences)|
|Cathy Middlecamp (Physical Sciences)|
FROM: Sarah C. Mangelsdorf (Chair)
RE: THURSDAY, September 17, 2015 UAPC Meeting - 52 BASCOM HALL, 3:30-5:00 pm
Your attendance is important. Please let me or Jocelyn Milner know if you will be late or absent.
- Welcome, introductions, opening announcements.
- Orientation to UAPC Activities. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, associate provost, Academic Planning and Institutional Research. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.01, UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.02, UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.03
- 2014-2015 UAPC Annual Report. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.04
- Automatic Consent – Minutes of the June 18, 2015, meeting. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.05
- Change the academic home for the graduate/professional-level Certificate in Prevention and Intervention Science from School of Nursing to Department of Educational Psychology, School of Education. The program review report was submitted in August 2015 with the proposal to move the program. This action is conditional upon approval at the September 11, 2015, Graduate Faculty Executive Committee Meeting (GFEC) meeting. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.06
- Full proposal to authorize a new degree named Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD), Department of Kinesiology, School of Education. The Notice of Intent for this full program proposal was approved by UAPC on January 16, 2014. After UAPC approval, proposals for new degrees go to the Board of Regents for final approval. Programs in the Department of Kinesiology are up to date for program review, except for the BS Kinesiology review (due 2014-15) which is in progress and expected to be completed in Fall 2015. This program will be a non-pooled tuition program developed under Educational Innovation and delivered as an online distance education program. Presenters: Ruth Benedict, Occupational Therapy Program Faculty Director, Kinesiology; Dorothy Farrar-Edwards, chair, Kinesiology; and David Rosenthal, associate dean, School of Education. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.07; appendices available online (UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.08).
- Approve the following changes to the MS-Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine and Public Health. These actions will go into effect for Fall 2016. The program was last reviewed in 2010-11. This action is conditional upon approval at the September 11, 2015, GFEC meeting. Presenters: Elizabeth Petty, associate dean, SMPH; Catherine (Casey) Reiser, Genetic Counselor Program Director. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.09
- Transfer all academic and administrative oversight of the program from the Graduate School to the School of Medicine and Public Health. In technical parlance, this will change the “career” of the program and its students from GRAD to MED and shift the admissions office from the Graduate School to the School of Medicine and Public Health. The School of Medicine and Public Health will provide all dean’s office services to students.
- Rename the degree to Master of Genetic Counselor Studies and the major to Genetic Counselor Studies. The name change will be turnkey; all new and continuing students will take the new name for enrollment and degrees effective fall 2016.
- Professional Leadership Course sequence and capstone certificate planning. Katy Duren, associate dean, Continuing Studies; Christine Nicometo, Engineering Professional Development. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.10
- Learning goals collection and assessment planning update. Mo Noonan Bischof, associate vice provost. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.11
- Annual program review report. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, associate provost of Academic Planning and Institutional Research. UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.12; full schedule of academic programs and program review status available online (UAPC Doc 2015.09.17.13).
Meeting Schedule for 2015-16, 3:30-5:00 pm (room 52 Bascom Hall):
September 17, October 15, November 19, and December 17, 2015
January 21, February 18, March 17, April 21, May 19, and June 16, 2016
Agenda materials and policy documents are posted at http://www.apir.wisc.edu/uapc.htm
Copies: Ruth Benedict, Katy Duren, Christine Nicometo, Elizabeth Petty, Catherine Reiser, David Rosenthal
Deans: Lori Berquam, Robert Golden, Diana Hess, Mark Markel, Marsha Mailick, Katharyn May, François Ortalo-Magné, Guido Podestá, Margaret Raymond, Paul Robbins, Ian Robertson, Jeff Russell, Norma Saldivar, Soyeon Shim, Steve Swanson, Kathryn VandenBosch
Also: Teresa Adams, Jeff Armstrong, Michael Bernard-Donals, Suzanne Broadberry, Steve Cramer, Heather Daniels, Emily Dickmann, Cathie Easter, Toni Good, Marty Gustafson, Steve Hahn, Margaret Harrigan, Clare Huhn, Phil Hull, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Sarah Kuba, Sara Lazenby, John Lease, Jennifer Martin, Jocelyn Milner, Mo Noonan Bischof, Tim Norris, Scott Owczarek, Rebecca Ring, Doug Rose, Patrick Sims, Steve Smith, Beth Warner