DATE: April 12, 2016
TO: UAPC MEMBERS 2015-16
|Rebecca Blank (Chancellor)||Cathy Middlecamp (Physical Sciences)|
|William Karpus (Graduate School)||Dennis Miller (Arts and Humanities)|
|John Karl Scholz (Administrative Appointee)||Mark Seidenberg (Social Studies)|
|Ramon Aldag (University Committee Appointee)||Debra Shapiro (Academic Staff Appointee)|
|Seth Blair (University Committee Appointee)||James Skinner (University Committee Appointee)|
|Dorothy Farrar-Edwards (University Committee Appointee)||Darryl Thelen (University Committee Appointee)|
|Ed Jackson (Biological Sciences)||Kate Wiedel (Associated Students of Madison)|
|Isaac Lee (University Staff Appointee)|
FROM: Sarah C. Mangelsdorf (Chair)
RE: THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2016 UAPC Meeting - 52 BASCOM HALL, 3:30-5:00 pm
Your attendance is important. Please let me or Jocelyn Milner know if you will be late or absent.
- Welcome, introductions, opening announcements.
- Automatic Consent – Minutes of the March 17, 2016 meeting. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.01
- Establish the capstone Certificate in Foundations of Professional Development, Engineering Professional Development, College of Engineering. This action is conditional upon approval at the April 8, 2016 Graduate Faculty Executive Committee (GFEC) meeting. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.02
- Discontinue two School of Nursing student information system plan codes. The codes were used for Pre-Registered Nurse and Nursing Registered Nurse. The plan codes were used prior to the Nursing Collaborative Program (NCP 715). UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.03
- PRR 712. This code last had students enrolled in Spring 1990.
- NRN 712. This code last had students enrolled in Fall 2015.
- Approve the report of the committee that conducted the five-year review of the BS-Community and Non-Profit Leadership, School of Human Ecology. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, vice provost, Academic Planning and Institutional Research. Annette McDaniel, senior assistant dean, School of Human Ecology; and Cynthia Jasper, chair, Civil Society and Community Studies, will be available to respond to questions. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.04
- Rename the Lubar Institute for the Study of Abrahamic Religion to the Center for Religion and Global Citizenry. The new name will be effective July 1, 2017. Presenters: Charles Cohen, director; Ulrich Rosenhagen, associate director, Lubar Institute; Susan Zaeske, associate dean, Letters and Sciences. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.05
- Approve the Notice of Intent for BS-Education Studies, Education Policy Studies, School of Education. Presenters: Adam Nelson, professor, Education Policy Studies; Jeff Hamm, associate dean, School of Education. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.06
- Approve the Policy Guidelines for Named Options within Academic Majors. Presenter: Jocelyn Milner, vice provost, Academic Planning and Institutional Research. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.07
- Approve the Notice of Intent for BS-Nursing Accelerated Program for Second-Degree Candidates. Presenters: Earlise Ward, associate professor, School of Nursing; Karen Mittelstadt, assistant dean, School of Nursing; Katharyn May, dean, School of Nursing. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.08
- Revision of Low-Level / Pre-College Math Courses. Presenters: Gloria Mari-Beffa, professor and chair, Mathematics; and Nancy Westphal-Johnson, associate dean, Letters & Science. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.09
- Low Degree Producing Program Guidelines. Jocelyn Milner, vice provost, Academic Planning and Institutional Research. UAPC Doc 2016.04.21.10
Meeting Schedule for 2015-16, 3:30-5:00 pm: May 19 and June 16, 2016
Agenda materials and policy documents are posted at http://www.apir.wisc.edu/uapc.htm
Copies: Charles Cohen, Jeff Hamm, Cynthia Jasper, Gloria Mari-Beffa, Annette McDaniels, Karen Mittelstadt, Adam Nelson, Ulrich Rosenhagen, Earlise Ward, Nancy Westphal-Johnson, Susan Zaeske
Deans: Lori Berquam, Robert Golden, Diana Hess, Mark Markel, Katharyn May, François Ortalo-Magné, Guido Podestá, Margaret Raymond, Paul Robbins, Ian Robertson, Jeff Russell, Norma Saldivar, Soyeon Shim, Steve Swanson, Kathryn VandenBosch
Also: Teresa Adams, Jeff Armstrong, Michael Bernard-Donals, Suzanne Broadberry, Steve Cramer, Heather Daniels, Elizabeth Fredricks, Toni Good, Marty Gustafson, Steve Hahn, Margaret Harrigan, Clare Huhn, Phil Hull, Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Elaine Klein, Sarah Kuba, Sara Lazenby, John Lease, Marsha Mailick, Jennifer Martin, Jocelyn Milner, Mo Noonan Bischof, Tim Norris, Scott Owczarek, Laura Rader, Rebecca Ring, Patrick Sims, Wren Singer, Steve Smith, Beth Warner